Life certainly is different compared to my last update back in January. It's been a chaotic year with COVID, the economy, and now the BLM protests. I've felt like this country has needed a breather after the last few years. Clearly 2020 won't be the year we get it. I'm rooting for everyone's health, security, and safety.
New York City is showing signs of re-opening. I haven't gone out much in the past few months, since my friends have either left the city, or stayed inside as well. I don't know what the rest of the year holds, but if it's one that's more focused on work, I'll be OK with that. NYC will always be here, and probably even a little cheaper the next few years.
I just completed the May 2020 Global Virtual Design Sprint. This one has been a lot of work. I facilitated 2 teams, designed and co-facilitated a 3rd, and co-created an asynchronous design sprint with my friend Lee. It was a success, and we're already thinking about what we can do to make the next one even better.
I've been catching up on a few posts that I've needed to write, so I'm happy to get those out of the way. I'll post those soon. After that, it's back to getting some business.
- I caught up with some friends a few weeks ago that I made when I was in Europe a few years ago
- I'm looking forward to going back to Boston for a bit in July
- Bought a switch during quarantine so I got to catch up on the newer Mario and Zelda games
- Asynchronous design sprint project was a success
- Had a rough patch for a bit where I couldn't work out. I think I fixed that (hopefully)
- Creating some visuals in Figma that I've been putting in my posts